Are you looking for a tasty vegetable side for your Thanksgiving feast, but you don't have the time or patience to make a complicated dish? Well, you're in luck! Here are two of my favorite vegetable recipes that are both 5 ingredients or less... Oh, and the recipes use several of the same ingredients, so less shopping for you.
Yes, they are both green, but I promise they will be gobbled right up!
Lemon Hazelnut Green Beans
8 servings, 86 calories per serving
· 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
· 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
· salt and pepper to taste
· In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook beans 3 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
· Add olive oil, lemon zest, hazelnuts, salt and pepper.
*Beans may be made 1 day ahead, chilled and covered. Reheat beans in a lightly oiled frying pan, or in the microwave.
You can toss the roasted sprouts with another squeeze of lemon, and 2 Tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
Drizzle a balsamic reduction over roasted sprouts for a more gourmet look and taste.